- SHORT COURSES/SEMINARS AND CONFERENCES/WORKSHOPS ATTENDED
Short courses or training
- Course on Concepts in Animal Welfare conducted from 23rd to 27th July 2007, (awarded a certificate of attendance and completion) at Sokoine University of Agriculture, Morogoro, Tanzania
- The Afrique One training course on quantitative methods in ecology and epidemiology was held at the Sokoine University of Agriculture, Morogoro, Tanzania from 15-19th March 2010 (awarded a certificate of completion).
- The 8th Finnish Certificate course in Global Health was held from 2nd June to 30th June 2011 in Tampere, Finland (awarded a Certificate with full program and hours covered for each course).
- EPINAV Young Professionals Exchange Programme in Norway for Learning Molecular Virology Laboratory Techniques for Research and Diagnostics of viral diseases at Norwegian School of Veterinary Science (NVH) from 1st August to 31st December 2013. Also attended a course on Molecular Genomics at Norwegian University of Life Sciences (UMB), 10 credits.
- Residential Bioinformatics Training Course at conducted at ICIPE (Nairobi), KEMRI Welcome Trust and Pwani University (Kilifi) in Kenya from 11th June to 13th July 2018 and awarded a certificate of successful completion of the course.
- Applied Risk Assessment Training Course conducted in Mwanza, Tanzania at Isamilo Hotel from 07th to 11th October 2019 and awarded a certificate of successful of completion of the course.
- University Teaching and Learning Improvement Programme (UTLIP) training on pedagogical issues and plagiarism software checker (Turnitin) conducted at Sokoine University of Agriculture from 7th to 10th January 2020.
- Seminar on Employment Policy and Entrepreneurship on 27th April 2007 (awarded a certificate of completion) at Sokoine University of Agriculture, Morogoro, Tanzania.
Conferences or Workshops
- The Second RUFORUM Biennial Conference on Building capacity for improved food and livelihood security in Africa was held at Imperial Resort Beach Hotel, Entebbe, Uganda from 20-24th September 2010.
- Stereology, Scientific Writing and Neuroscience Symposium held at the Sokoine University of Agriculture in Morogoro from 23rd to 27th June 2014.
- Training workshop for peer reviewers on the operationalization of University Qualification Framework (UQF) organized by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) at Stella Maris Hotel in Bagamoyo, Tanzania from 15th to 16th July 2014.
- Fundamentals of Writing GRANT Winning Proposals held at Institute of Continuing Education (ICE), the Sokoine University of Agriculture from 11th to 13th August 2014.
- International Symposium on the challenges of quality requirements for fish vaccines, organized by the European Pharmacopoeia and quality of medicines (EDQM), Council of Europe at Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU), Oslo Norway from 10-11 May 2016.
- Securing fish health in wild and cultured fish: From pangas and tilapias via carps and percids to salmonids at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark on October 25th, 2017.
- The 35 TVA scientific conference was held at the Arusha international conference centre (AICC) in Arusha from 5th-7th December 2017.