How to Manually Uninstall Avast Antivirus on Windows XP
Yesterday, a friend told me that he wanted to uninstall the Avast antivirus program for the AVG to be installed. But the Avast did not show up on the programs list Add or Remove Program of the control panel on the Start list. So, how to find out and uninstall the Avast program thoroughly? The following passage is the answer.
First of all, reinstall the Avast of newer version and uninstall it with Add or Remove Programs utility in the safe mode as the instruction as listed below:
1) Keep pressing the F8 key after reboot your computer and choose the "safe mode" option to get into the safe mode of your system.
2) Click on "Start" Menu and then select "Control Panel".
3) Open Add / Remove Programs.
4) Find and highlight Avast in the programs list.
5) Click "Change / Remove" button to remove it from your computer.
6) Follow the on-screen steps to finish the uninstall process.
Second of all, find out and manually delete t the directories in C disk as listed,
C: Program FilesAlwil Software.
Finally, manually delete the related registry keys as listed below by opening up the Registry Editor (type in "regedit" after select "Run" in the Start menu) and expand the list under HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftware:
However, if you are not so sure how to follow the three steps above to remove all the Avast products or find it too difficult and complicated to reinstall the newer version or so the turnaround process.